Here’s to having all your tech dreams come true in 2013!
- May you seamlessly integrate with backend systems and data sources in a simple and consistent manner.
- May replication enable your databases to scale horizontally in a shared-nothing fashion to give you just the right amount of sharding.
- May your 15,000 RPM, RAID 10 disk arrays give way to SSDs or RAM-based storage.
- May your distributed, in-memory cache prevent users from always having to make expensive SQL queries.
- May your web servers scale to infinity in a stateless manner to provide websites and web services to millions.
- May your load-balancers send client requests to the web server with the lightest load without ever requiring sticky sessions.
- May your reverse-proxy securely publish your content out to the Internet.
- May your wire-protocol be lightweight, RESTful, and firewall-friendly.
- May your data be serialized as JSON and compressed to be as wireless-friendly as possible…even over GPRS.
- And may all your client endpoints be mobile with offline data storage to deal with intermittent connectivity..
Happy New Year everyone!
Happy Tech 2013