I’m pleased to announce that we are enhancing the business capabilities of Windows Phone 8 with the Enterprise Feature Pack.
Building on technologies like Secure UEFI Boot, BitLocker, and TPM, an update to Windows Phone 8 will arrive in the first half of calendar year 2014 that increases IT control while boosting employee productivity. The Enterprise Feature Pack includes:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections that are automatically triggered by the apps that need them. This means you won’t have to manually create a VPN tunnel in advance of running an app that needs to connect to your corporate network.
- Certificate management to enroll, update, and revoke certificates for user authentication.
- Enhanced mobile device management (MDM) policies to lock down functionality on the phone for more enterprise control. Additionally, richer mobile application management (MAM) including allowing or blocking the installation of certain apps.
- Enterprise Wi-Fi support with EAP-TLS that uses a client-side certificate.
- Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) to sign and encrypt email.
We’re also boosting our commitment to corporate customers by increasing the length of our support lifecycle from 18 months to 36 months. This means that starting with Windows Phone 8, we’ll make feature, functionality, and security updates available for 36 months.
With Windows Phone 8, your investment in our mobile platform is secure.
Sharing my knowledge and helping others never stops, so connect with me on my blog at http://robtiffany.com , follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/RobTiffany and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/robtiffany