Andy Wigely and I cover concepts during this video that will help ensure your apps have the best possible performance and battery life for the phone user.
Topics such as Windows Phone task management, multi-tasking with background agents, updating tiles from a background agent, creating tasks in Visual Studio, File transfer tasks, and Background notifications are covered.
Be sure to check out previous Jump Start videos from Andy and me:
- Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development: Part 1
- Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development: Part 2
- Designing Windows Phone 8 Apps
- Building Windows Phone 8 Apps
- Files and Storage on Windows Phone 8
- Windows Phone 8 Application Lifecycle
Category: Windows Phone 8