Enterprise Data Synchronization with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server Compact 3.5
Mobile Merge Replication
With the world’s largest organizations rolling out tens of thousands of Windows® Phones, slates, laptops, tablets and netbooks to empower their respective mobile workforces, the ability to create mobile line of business solutions that support large numbers of users is absolutely critical. In his fourth book on mobile enterprise application platforms, Rob Tiffany shows you how to take the SQL Server data you use to run your organization and make it available to all of your mobile employees.
Step-by-step, he walks you through the process of building a secure, performant, n-tier mobile synchronization architecture designed to scale to thousands of users. You’ll also learn how to create occasionally-connected .NET applications designed to thrive in unreliable wireless conditions. Take the guesswork out of mobilizing your organization by tapping into the experience of one of the world’s foremost authorities on mobile and wireless infrastructure and development.
- Learn how to “Mobilize” your organization by making your enterprise data available to employees carrying Windows® phones, laptops, netbooks and tablets in the field.
- Learn how to build an N-Tier Mobile Merge Replication infrastructure that will scale to thousands of users.
- Learn how to create occasionally-connected .NET applications designed to thrive in unreliable wireless conditions.
- Learn best practices in security, reliability, performance, load-balancing, reverse proxy and hardware configuration from the author’s years of replication experience.
- Learn how to implement this technology in real world scenarios like supply chain management, retail, sales force automation, healthcare and emergency management.